Sunday, December 4, 2011

WeVerb Day 3 - Learn


WeVerb Day 3 - Learn

What lesson did you learn in 2011 from “The School of Life” rather than a classroom?


There are definitely a few things I've learned, and I think I've realized one in the past few weeks.

I need to stop explaining myself to other people. I learned that I have to find a way to tell others that my life is my life. I'm living it for me and under my terms, and I don't need to explain it to you. I feel like there were way too many instances where I was put in a position of people expecting me to explain my decisions or lack of decisions on a variety of issues. I can't keep doing that if I want to keep my sanity.

1 comment:

Nodakademic said...

Love this lesson! What I hate, is that it has taken so long for me to learn it. We ought to learn this stuff in high school!!