Saturday, December 3, 2011

WeVerb Day 2 - Listen

Here's the link to WeVerb and what it's about in case I didn't include it in my last post.


Day 2 - Listen

What song did you listen to in 2011 to completely change your mood? Think about ways you can you add more music to your life in 2012.

I didn't listen to as much music as I should or could have this year. I'm not really into most popular music right now. I guess I'll write about two VERY different songs.

"Trust Me" by Richard Smallwood & Vision




He's a fairly well-known gospel artist. It's not a very complicated song, but the words are essentially God/The Universe/Allah/Vishnu telling us to trust that He/She/It has got our backs. It's a simple message that I've needed this year many times.

While I'm not a huge fan, I really do like Katy Perry's Firework. I kinda felt like she was speaking to me in this one. :)



I know, I know. This is super commercial and pop at that. I also LOVE Beyonce's "Run the World," which is one of the highlights on my running mix.

May I just say that I liked Adele before everyone got on the bandwagon? For gems from her first album, which is on heavy rotation on my Iphone, check out "Hometown Glory" and "Make You Feel My Love."

I want to add more LIVE music to my life in 2012. I live in a great music city. I shouldn't waste it.


Have any songs inspired you this year?

No comments: