Saturday, December 3, 2011

WeVerb Day 1 - Word

Hey there!!! I'm out there! I haven't abandoned this blog. I think I am going to try to write more next year. I keep saying that, don't I? I'll be honest about why I don't write here more. It's hard. It's hard to be struggling and write about it especially when my life is soo good. Great marriage (at least I think so), surrounded by wonderful creature comforts, solid family and only minor health issues. What more could I need?

Anyway, I decided to participate in WeVerb 11. It's a collective blogger initiative where I will be reflecting on my year each day. Let's hope I can keep up with this AND my close out my main blog with a bang.

Here's Day 1's prompt:

Choose one word.

Encapsulate the year 2011 in one word. Explain why. Imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2012 for you?


My word would be: STASIS - a state of stability, in which all forces are equal, therefore they cancel each other out.

This really is my year in one word. I think this has to be. Read what I just read above. I am so grateful for my life right now. Financially we're doing well as a family. Jim's, my husband (not his real name) career is doing really well. I see my friends excelling and moving forward with their lives personally and professionally. There have been marriages, births, new jobs, big breakthroughs and promotions for the people around me. Yet, here I am in many respects having only inched forward this year. I have made very little, if any, movement towards building my new professional self. I've worked on quite a few things including consulting, my secret project and exploring entrepreneurship. I feel like despite all of the awful things happening in the world at large, I've got it pretty good even if my life isn't what I'd like it to be. So, I guess everything just cancels itself out. The good isn't outweighing the bad and vice versa. I'm just here. :) "Here" ain't so bad.


For 2012, I'd like my word to be: propulsion

I hope 2012 is about moving forward. Period.


1 comment:

Nodakademic said...

Definitely nothing wrong with a docile year! Stasis is a great word.