Sunday, December 18, 2011

WeVerb 11 - Days 15-17

Catching up with WeVerb....



WeVerb, Day 15

Surprise.

What event of 2011 affected you in an unexpected way?


Yeah. I think when I saw this WeVerb prompt, I clammed up. I was recently surprised by a family member's news and decisions about their future. It's been a really crazy year in terms of my relationship with that person, and this news will change our relationship going forward. I've been trying to come to terms, and it has been very hard. This "surprise" angered me, then frustrated me. Yet in the past week, I've let go. People in your life are not always going to make the decisions that you think they should. They will ultimately have to make peace with the consequences of their actions.


WeVerb, Day 16

Persevere.

Describe something that disappointed you in 2011 and how you persevered.


Well, the continued search for my new professional space is continually frustrating. At the same time, I am considering the fact that this may be partly my own fault. I'll get into in the coming weeks. It's been a major form of stress for me, but I have no choice but to keep going. When opportunities don't work out, I just say that it wasn't where I was supposed to be. That's all that I can do really.


WeVerb, Day 17

Discover.

What did you discover (big or small) in 2011?

That my professional space that I need may come from something that I might need to create. That people can really surprise you. The Highline. The Staten Island Ferry. Robicelli's Cupcakes.


WeVerb, Day 18

Teach.

What lesson or advice were you able to pass on to others this year? Why was it important to share this information? (Or… what lesson would you like to pass on to others that read this?)

I've been waxing poetic about the power of Twitter. I've gotten so many opportunities through it in the past year, and I've been helping folks understand how it can help them. I've also taught my BFF that she deserves to be where she is right now. I'm proud of her.


No comments: