Monday, December 12, 2011

WeVerb Day 12 - Thrive


WeVerb Day 12


#12: Thrive.

What was your healthiest habit of 2011? What would you like to change or do differently in 2012?


I think there are a few things that I've started doing this year. I run now. I'm not going to finish the NYC Marathon in under four hours or anything, but I am glad that I now have this new aspect to my workout regimen. It's given me something that I can set goals for in terms of exercise.

I've actually started to take vitamins on a rather consistent basis. I hate taking vitamins, and I tend to forget to. One of my doctors pretty much got preachy on me/scared me a bit and told me that I am not getting enough iron. I am now at the Vitamin Shoppe at regular intervals and have even started taking an iron supplement.

Finally, I've been doing something called a Reset Week. For five days, I cut out meat or poultry, dairy, sweets, alcohol and probably a few other things that I can't remember. I know that there are people who eat like this all the time, but when you write a food blog that can be kinda hard. :) While it may not be a big deal, I think it helps me refocus on what I've been consuming and gets me back into a good mindset about my diet.

Nothing super ground breaking here, but good habits can be hard to establish. I get happy when I make an effort to be healthier.

For 2012, I'd like to increase my fitness levels and consistency even more.

No comments: