Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Lately I've Been Feeling Like Lloyd Dobler

I love this scene from Say Anything.





I definitely know what I DON'T want to do. I agree with Lloyd that I don't want to sell anything though. :)

What's hard is that right now I really have no idea what to do. Yes, I just wrote that. My consulting gig is at a crossroads. Do I work more for next to nothing? Do I want to do more for an entity that I am not sure that I want to be in the long term?

I've added something new to my life, which is taking a continuing ed class in the hopes that it will push me further into what I'd like to do.

Networking sadly still is not very fun, but I have started to ramp up again.

Part of me is trying to not get totally done. What was once slight sadness is turning into me being a tad incredulous. If I can't get a job (not like I am a super star or anything), then I can only imagine what others will less skills, experience or education are dealing with right now. I wonder sometimes if it's me or the economy or something completely different.

Anyway, I am still trudging along. I guess my version of Lloyd's kickboxing is blogging. :)

1 comment:

Sugar said...

I heart Lloyd. I think one of the biggest misconceptions in life- 'grownups' have it figured out and know what they want. For good or bad, I have a job- and I feel like I have been fairly active in applying and I still haven't found anything in over a year. Oh, and I have a Master's degree too. So I totally get where you are coming from. And some days, I feel like I have nothing figured out.